Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Valencia and my last moments in Madrid

Sorry for the delay! I have only ONE full day left in Madrid before taking off on Friday! But onto Valencia! We didn’t do much, but it was quite relaxing!

We kicked off our Sunday with an awesome breakfast...which happened to not be included in our hotel deal. I was quite oblivious to this; I simply walked in. Normally, the hotel would ask us for our room number and charge us. Shannon and I lucked out and dodged that possibility.

We spent most of the day walking around. We revisited the area where the Valencia City of Arts and Science area was, and almost considered seeing the aquarium. It was a little too expensive for our liking, so we headed down toward the Mediterranean instead. The day was much nicer than the day before so it was a good day for the beach. We didn’t lie out on our bathing suites, but we did have paella right near the ocean before going out and dipping our feet in.



Valencia City of Arts and Science




Crossing the bridge.






The aquarium



Pride

Afterward we headed back and walked around the center and grabbed some postcards. We grabbed some food before going back to the hotel. We returned to Madrid early the next morning.



The Mediterranean Sea. Looks like a hard life, huh?




Little me and the big blue sky.



Flowers!




Bridges!



More plant life!

And here I am. I just completed my grammar exam and my exam for my written class. Overall, I have really enjoyed my academic experience. I’ve come a long way with the Spanish language, and even though I am far from fluent, I absolutely have a sharper ear and eye for it. However, unlike at home, I only have one exam. No papers, no projects, and rarely any homework (and almost never graded). Sounds wonderful right? Well, if you’re anything like me, I need more than just an exam to fully prove what I’ve learned. But again, what matters is that I know the language much better than I did before.

I have one last full day in Spain. I will be taking my oral exam and then packing/ enjoying every minute of Madrid nightlife. I can’t believe how quickly this went by. With the help of my school and my parents, I would never be able to live this experience at this point in my life. I am so happy. I’m excited to see my cousin Kirsten in a couple of days! Sweden, here I come! By the way, I added Penthouse photos to the previous post. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment